Bunting redux.

Posted by Christy Miller on Thursday 27 June 2013. Filed under: , ,

A few months ago, I made a name bunting for my niece Everleigh for her first birthday. I loved making it and so when my niece Claire turned three back in April I decided to put my bunting chops to work once again and make her one as well.


Happy Birthday Claire!

But I was still in the mood to sew.

I love the look of these so much, I knew I also wanted to make one for nursery to stretch across the wall above the crib. This was going to take a lot of triangles. I made a template and hunkered down.


However, the real secret to making these is Extra Wide Double Fold Bias, which costs about $2 per package at Wal-Mart.

Once you've got your triangles sewn, I trim the tops to make sure they are even and then pin them between the fold of the bias. Then I let 'er rip on the 'ol Pfaff.


I overshot the measurements on the bunting (surprise, surprise), so I ended up with a few extra feet of bunting, but better too much than not enough. I tied a bow at each end and nailed it into the corner where the wall meets the ceiling.

Another nursery project complete!


Full nursery reveal coming soon... (hopefully before the baby!)

No Responses to Bunting redux.

Leave a Reply