Fun with food.

Posted by Christy Miller on Thursday 10 May 2012. Filed under: , ,

I am not much of a baker, but I've been exploring my creative side with food over these past couple weeks with some delicious results!

I bought a huge bag of yeast a few months ago to make pizza dough from scratch and became very intrigued by the stuff! I attribute this to the fact that I never took chemistry in high school and am in awe of the reaction between yeast and flour when given some time to work together. It's very satisfying to see your dough double in size!

First I braved caramel pecan sticky buns.  I honestly never knew that cinnamon buns looked like this before they were baked:

Aren't they cute?
And when something turns out looking just like the magazine photo, it is even better:


We crushed these pretty fast around our house, so I am glad that I decided to give half away before we could eat all dozen of them.

I also put aside my usual hesitation to make anything that calls for two types of sugar and both butter and margarine and made some sweet (peanut butter free) monster cookies. I halved this recipe and it still made about 6 dozen cookies.

I'm glad the people I love aren't picky about my baking, because I've had to get rid of a lot of it!

But it is time to dust off my scissors and sewing machine and get back at some projects for upcoming birthdays and other gifting occasions. But before I do, I have some Mother's Day crafting to work on...

No Responses to Fun with food.

Leave a Reply