Be mine.

Posted by Christy Miller on Friday 23 March 2012.

Ashala and I got up to some serious crafting at Emma Lake at the start of February. One of the things I love most about Ash is her absolute fearlessness. I casually proposed the idea of doing some lino cutting - a type of printmaking that requires specialized tools, a piece of lino, and a little know-how. Her response? "Sure!"

So the student became the teacher. I planned to make lino cut valentines, but Ash was more ambitious: she traced a picture of a dolphin out of an old National Geographic magazine and made a print of that. I was totally impressed by her great work! Not bad for an afternoon's worth of chatting.

I wasn't thinking as confidently as my wonderful friend and didn't think we'd get as far as actually pulling any prints, so we had to do that while the husbands unloaded the car when we got home on Sunday.

I found the valentine I made for Ashala in my car last week while I was cleaning it up. Whoops!


(The linoleum is on the left, the pulled print on the right)

No Responses to Be mine.

Leave a Reply